09 November 2009

We're Going Straight to the Wild, Wild West

Hi friends! Now that I am on my new watch schedule, I normally blog in the mornings. However, this morning I am going on another FIELD TRIP! I'm trading my diamond ring for my 9MM and heading to the closest thing I can find to the wild west out here- Khor Al Amaya Oil Terminal (KAAOT). A 5nm trip up the NAG and nestled directly south of the highly disputed territorial water line between Iran and Iraq and only 3nm from Iran's sunken crane, KAAOT was once a bastion of oil productivity for the Iraqi Government. However, the tanker war took a greater toll on this oil terminal who now pumps vastly less oil than her sister terminal down here. In the 40 days that I have been here, I've only seen 1 tanker go through KAAOT. Compared to ABOT's 4 berths who can pump 2 tankers at a time, KAAOT only has 2 berths and due to heavy damage to the pipes that run from the shore side, can only pump one at a time.

Alright well, I'm off! I will tell more tales upon my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment