15 November 2009

A Very, Merry (early) Christmas.

So yesterday Dan & I had our early Christmas. It consisted of me eating chicken and potato chips while Dan opened up his present from me on Skype. It was the best first Christmas as a married couple I could have asked for right now; we are both safe, and healthy, and have ample ways to communicate, and have a wonderfully strong relationship- a lot to be thankful for. I do not have one of those "Our First Christmas" ornaments that I really want, so if anyone can find one for me that is in the shape of an oil tanker that says "Molly & Dan's First Christmas, 2009" I think that would be just swell :) 


Here is Dan with his new game- the Big Game Hunter for Wii. For those of you that don't know, Dan can tick off on his fingers the number of bars in San Diego, Jacksonville and Atlanta where he holds the record for highest score at Big Buck Hunter- a video game where you shoot at dear and antelope and other game creatures with a pretend shot gun. The Big Game Hunter for Wii was the closest thing I could find and it even came with a sawed-off plastic pretend shotgun. As you can imagine, this game doesn't really phase me too much but I knew instantly that Dan would love it and and was so happy that I could watch him open it on the computer- I was so excited and tracked the package every day online- I couldn't wait for him to receive it :) I also got him something else but won't arrive for a few more days, so I won't ruin the surprise on here!


I am still looking forward to our Christmas (and Thanksgiving, and New Year's and Valentine's Day) in April but this was definitely the next best thing. You and yours are all cordially invited to join us for these holidays this Spring. The best part? No sky-rocketing cost of air travel during peak season, no worries of delays due to snow (I mean, it's San Diego, after all!), not having to worry about lack of pumpkin pie mix or turkeys or holiday baking supplies at the grocery store and no lines and crowds at the shopping mall (you don't even need presents- just bring yourself!). Holiday dates for the Spring 2009 season are also flexible. Please let us know in advance when you will be joining us :)

 In other, unrelated, yet exciting news, Dan and I were interviewed by the C-Ville (a news & arts weekly publication in Charlottesville) for their "Making Marry" column about our wedding. Since we (obviously) couldn't interview in person, I had my 30 minute interview with the writer over Skype! I am not sure when it will be out but I trust that my in-laws will scoop up multiple copies for us in town :)

2 comments:

  1. Dan - you are one lucky man! And Molly, I hope your foot gets better! At least your tennis shoes are probably more comfy than the boots!

    ReplyDelete