Anyways. So this past weekend Dan went to Chicago to visit his old roommates from the ATL, as well as one of his fraternity brothers (and groomsmen), Kevin. Actually, Dan is still there for a bit of a long weekend, a last hurrah if you will before he starts his job next Monday
Here is Dan with his 929 boys. Grant was a domino, Tripp was Brad Pitt and Dan was Bananas Foster. "Get it, I'm a bananna, drinking a fosters!"- got it Dan :)
Isn't he cute? :)
Henry was a fish this year, but in the words of Gaby, had melted before his camera found Henry, as small boys do tend to get fidgety in their Halloween costumes (heck, I STILL get fidgety easily :)In other news: this one's not Halloween related, but it's for my Dad. Dan sent this to me to illustrate one of TLS' spa trips that she recently had well I was gone. Who is TLS, you ask? Well, a long long time ago, we named the xTerra Timmy. Timothy Jamiroquai Laufer, to be exact, Timmy for short. It's a boy. So, when we got the new Civic (after returning home from my last deployment), we couldn't for the life of us come up with a good name, so we just stated calling her "Timmy's Little Sister" or "TLS" for short. Here is me when I met TLS for the first time. I bought her while I was on my last deployment and my dad got her from his car dealer friend and my mom drove it down in April of 2009. Isn't she a beauty? Good news for me (and TLS), is that Dan is doing a WONDERFUL job making sure she stays spiffy while I'm gone.

Yesterday we received a slew of mail. The weather has been bad for awhile, which did not allow our logistics ship to make its usual runs. However, we got a lot of mail that had been waiting in Kuwait. I got some delicious gourmet chocolate truffle coffee from my Dad and a TON of magazines from Dan (thanks guys!)
We also got a HUGE batch of homemade chocolate cupcakes from a Columbus, Ohio Girl Scout Troop. The Middle East heat and humidity actually made them taste ever BETTER (so gooey and delicous!). The cupcakes were sent in large tupperware containers and then they also sent multiple Betty Crocker containers of icing. Simply AMAZING! It literally made my day- thank you Girl Scouts!
Well, that's all for now. I'd love to see more pictures of your Halloweenies if you have them and would like to share :)
Goodnight, family & friends :)





No comments:
Post a Comment