19 November 2009

Made it to the carrier!

From Molly (her new email address is molly.laufer@cvn68.navy.mil):

Hi! Just wanted to let you all know that I am here safe on the NIMITZ. A little rough start when I got seasick in the COD as we were lowering down towards the ship (seriously the most miserable I’ve EVER felt airsick!) and threw up in the little baggies they give you right as we hit the trap. Luckily, being the experienced puker that I am when it comes to motion sickness, I kept it all in the bag and walked off the ship proudly with my souvenir.

It’s really busy here! I have a LOT of work cut out for me.

Carrier life is crazy already- getting SO lost. My stateroom for 2 is as big as the CO’s on the SAMMY B. I think I live right under the catapult. It sounds like an explosion right over my head everytime they do a launch cycle. I wish I could record it so you could here it!

No comments:

Post a Comment