07 November 2009

Happy Birthday Rachel & NEW YORK!


Happy 25th to my best friend/pratically a sister to me! Rachel and I met in August of 2003 during our NROTC Midshipmen Orientation Week. Over 6 years later we are stil best friends. She was the Maid of Honor in our wedding (and caught the bouquet!!!) and one of my favorite things about San Diego! We are sad that the Navy took me away right after we moved there but are anxiously awaiting our reunion in San Diego! Happy 25th Rachel! I have so many fond memories from many a November 7th's past, but I know that you and Billy will have a wonderful time in DC this weekend! This is the four of us the night we arrived in San Diego and were all finally together!!


Also, today is the commissioning of the USS NEW YORK (LPD 21). For those of you who are not familiar with this ship, she was made from 7.5 tons of steel from the World Trade Center site. The ship, which has been in New York City for over a week for tours, parades, receptions and celebrations, will be commisisoned today (November 7th) in NYC before she sails for her homeport of Norfolk, VA. I am sure this event will garner much media attention, so you should be able to see it on your local or national news program.

No comments:

Post a Comment