After spending many weeks and months researching, making connections, interviewing, "scoping the field" and networking, Dan has decided on a job that he is VERY excited about. I am so excited for him and so proud of how much effort he put into the job search to make sure he found something he was really interested in.
Now, if you thought I did a terrible job understanding and explaining what a consultant did, I'm even less knowledgable on this new one so I asked Dan to explain to us non-consultant/business-oriented people what he'll be doing:
I am going to be a Product Manager at Mitchell International. Mitchell International is a mid-size business (~$250M in revenue, ~1,400 employees) whose focus is on improving business practices for companies in the collision repair industry (e.g., insurance companies, body shops, etc). The product manager basically runs a small (really small) business unit. Initially, my focus will be to help launch a new product and then I'll move my focus to managing and improving an existing product.
I'm really excited about it because ultimately one day I want to run big companies, so I feel like this is a good opportunity to get the experience at a much smaller level and work my way up from there.
Dan starts Monday; looks like its time to trade the Rainbows for some leather shoes and those shorts for some dress slacks. Good luck Dan!!!
Congratulations, Dan!!
ReplyDelete