11 December 2009

Pictures from Dubai

This is a picture of a typical gold souk in Dubai. All of the gold was 18 or 24K so it was a WAY more luminous (is that a word) shade of gold- very deep and ancient looking. Don't worry, Dan, I didn't buy anything….. I was waiting for you to come out ;)
These are the sand dunes that we went romping around in our Toyota Land Cruiser with the air out of the tires. I was mildly terrified- but what fun it was!

Here is me sandboarding. I only fell down once :) the sand was pretty thick, but the weather was soooo nice and warm! It wasn't too hot at all, but the sun was very strong


These were the springs that we went swimming in & the cliffs that we jumped off of. Brrrr the water was SOOO cold. I will have to bribe someone to hand over the evidence of me jumping off- I was definitely shrieking the whole way down!





If I am nice, dan will also post the pictures of me when I discovered that the Mall of the Emirates had YOGABERRY! And one of me with my new 'do :)



Other than that, I am just so so so so excited to see Dan in less than 3 weeks! I can hardly contain my excitement- what a treat mid deployment. We also received some information about the rest of our port visits (all different from what I earlier thought) and let's just say I am SO excited. It almost might make up for this 8-month deployment. I am glad that I "joined the Navy to see the world"
And just for fun, when we're not playing around in Dubai, here's what our actual mission is- launching planes to send over the beach to provide close air support to the troops on the ground in Afghanistan. Enjoy! Love, M

2 comments:

  1. I like your hair, and it does look "cute." Sort of a funny word for a Navy officer, but that is ok. I have enjoyed reading about your adventures. I am so glad that Dan is coming out to share a part of the adventure.

    ReplyDelete