26 June 2007

Finally something exciting to look at!

Today was my first official day as a member of the ship and so far, so good. Although I am learning that SWO life is exhausting and I'm pretty sure that I will age about 25 years in the next 48 months. My hair will probably turn gray and fall out soon.

It's too late at night for a long post, esp since I have to get up at 5:20 every morning to get to the ship around 6:15, but I just wanted to let you all know of my contact info while I'm gone and post some pics of our apartment. My mailing address is:

ENS Molly Harris
USS Samuel B. Roberts (FFG-58)
FPO AA 34092-1512


and my email address will be:

MHarris@ffg58.navy.mil

... though this account won't be activat
ed for another 24-48 hours. Also, while the post office onboard claims that mail arrives to the ship in about 7-10 days, everyone else has informed me that mail is particularly slow in S. America and the Caribbean so you can sometimes expect mail to take around a month to get there. This means that if you wanted to send me something for my birthday (August 5th), the next two weeks would be a good time to get around to that :) Also, mail arrives faster if you DON'T certify it or delivery confirmation or anything like that, just plain ol UPS or USPS mail.

I'm in the process of moving a whole bunch of my stuff (food, uniforms, supplies, etc) onboard for the upcoming deployment, though we're all in limbo as to when that will actually occur.

Here are some shots of our apartment. I live in a 3 bedroom apartment with two gals from Vandy, who are both on the USS Gettysburg. It is a great apartment in a community about 10 minutes from base with a lot of other young people liv
ing here. One of my roommates Katie is married to another Navy kid who is in flight school right now; this means that our apartment is stocked with the latest and greatest in kitchen utensils, appliances, and supplies. For those of you who know me well, you can understand how exciting it is to live with someone who has such great kitchen supplies to contribute :)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment